Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maundy Thursday

I've just returned from Maundy Thursday services where feet or hands were washed, as Christ did with his disciples just before he celebrated his "Last Supper" with his intimate friends. The choir sang a song that pulled at my heart, "In Remembrance of Me." This song is filled with great meaning for me of my early days as a Christian. I couldn't help but tear up.

As I close this day, I realized that it is now, in the Passion of the Christ 2000 years ago, the time when betrayal is taking place, abuse is taking place, horror is taking place, civil and religious injustice is taking place, and the final moments of Christ's work on this wretched planet are taking place. I am overwhelmed with an awareness of the deep love of my brother Christ, the ferocious love of my Creator Parent (Father God), and the deep wisdom of my maternal guide, The Holy Spirit. Tomorrow will be called "Good."
www.committedtofreedom.org

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jessica W. said...

Just came across you awesome blog and website. I really like what you are doing here. Just wondering are you going to have a retreat in Colorado any time? Again, thanks for you website and blog they really do help:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home