Saturday, August 05, 2006

Butterfly Attack

Sometimes a thing of beauty can shock you by it's actions. Butterflies have always served as a metaphor for me. They are beautiful, harmless, transformational. On one of my recent walks through the mountain trails, I was going downhill when a butterfly, crossing my path, pelted me right in my face. It hit with such force that my skin stung for several minutes. It came out of nowhere and hit me! The metaphor of butterflies I often apply to sexual abuse. Something meant for beauty, covenant, and pleasure becomes ugly, painful, and shocking. It leaves you reeling. It is in that reeling, shock, and shame that we need to recapture the beauty and redemptive transformation that will help us to heal.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home