Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Shots

I ran away from home when I was 4 years old. We were living in Germany and I had to get immunizations before we could return to the U.S. When I was 18, I lived in the Philippines and had to get immunizations, and both my mom and my husband (then my boyfriend) had to hold me down to get the shots. In other words, I'm a needle-phobe and it's a very, very bad case of the phobia! Now, I am 53 and preparing for a trip to Ecuador to teach a Pastoral Care Training Seminar. All by myself, I called and made an appointment for necessary immunizations. I drove myself there, got 5 shots without adult supervision, and didn't even run away! I am such a big, brave girl!!
www.committedtofreedom.org

1 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger wingsofthemorning said...

being brave isn't easy, but it will have lasting effects!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home