Monday, June 16, 2008

High School Reunion

I know I haven't written here in a long time - been editing and writing until my hands ached and my chair and I had a custom fit! In the midst of our long, hot summer, my husband and I went to our high school reunion in San Antonio. We graduated from high school in the Philippines in 1972 and occasionally many different years get together in various places for a party. This was the first one I ever went to and had a completely wonderful time. I met old friends, made new ones, was glad I married my high school sweet heart. We took Amtrak - and other than running perpetually 3-5 hours late, really had a great time. This is the first vacation we've taken in years and it was amazing to see that human beings that emerged as the days passed and we had more to do or talk about than work, schedules, or stressors. The last time we saw most of these people at the reunion, we were 18. As the week unfolded, we talked about our life together and I knew, once more, that I made a very good choice in the man I am spending the rest of my life with. We're certainly not the same people we were in 1972 (thank God), but the foundation of the odd events that brought us, brought an entire generation to a place so far from home, shaped us, made us strong, tore us down, built us up, and prepared us for the amazing journey that we're on. Now, back to work!
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home