Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Men's Retreat

I just finished teaching a men's retreat in Hot Springs, Arkansas yesterday. The men who attended were survivors of childhood abuse - physical, emotional, and sexual. My heart is so heavy as I look at these men who are tall and strong, but see a broken little boy still crying and confused. As the retreat progress, I could see the lights go on in many of the men. I watched in awe as they allowed God to enfold them in love, soothe them with peace, and mend the broken places. Shattered little boys in big men's bodies started the long, difficult journey of becoming adults. I am once again the witness of the grace of God and the beginning of a spiritual re-birth in men once alienated from that grace. In my heaviness, there is hope.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home