Monday, February 26, 2007

Tornado

Saturday, we were blasted with remarkably high winds and rain. We were not, however, in the line of fire that those to the south east of us were where tornadoes ripped through small Arkansas towns and caused a lot of destruction. It's always interesting how ambivalent we are when it comes to disasters - natural or man made. The language of Christians is baffling to me at times. My town wasn't hit by a tornado, so we were "blessed." Another town WAS hit by a tornado, so they were . . . um . . . cursed? Not blessed? How to react when something tragic misses me? How to react when tragedy does? I think the larger issue here (at least for me) is that life is fragile - yet remarkably resilient. Every moment is a treasure - and that is the true blessing - to know that at all times.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home