Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bizarre Circumstances

Our men's and women's retreat is next weekend in Iowa and my team is preparing for this new phase of our ministry. Today, our retreat materials will be shipped to the retreat facility, our training is almost complete and we are in the midst of spiritual and personal preparation. I am always surprised by, yet never surprised by, the bizarre circumstances that often surround any retreat. Personal turmoil. Illness. Accidents. Family crisis. Spiritual confusion. All of these are at play at one level or another with my leadership team, those who plan to attend, and with myself. I suppose I should write a book one day just about the events that surround the majority of retreats we've put on over the past fifteen years. No science fiction or horror writer could come up with the stuff we've experienced. Darkness and lies never let go without a fight.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home