Friday, May 11, 2007

Passed Up

I am in the process of re-establishing my exercise routine. For reasons I won't go into here, my health has been up and down and really impaired exercise. I finally got my bicycle adjusted to facilitate riding for me and it is nice to be able to ride again. HOWEVER, I am REALLY out of shape! I feel like the little old lady I am (a temporary situation, but a real one for now!). Anyway, I rode last night for the second time this week. There was a threat of severe thunderstorms, so all the avid cyclists stayed in a small loop of town that is a large 1 1/4 mile circle. Usually they go out on the road, but lighting is nothing to take a chance on, so they rode where I ride. So here I am, going SLLLOOOOOOWWWWW and all these svelt, fit people are zipping past me, carrying on normal conversations as if they were having coffee. As I watched them pass me again and again and again, I became energized - not because they are svelt and fit, but because THEY PASSED ME!!!!!! One day! One day I'll at least be able to hold my own (I hope!). To move on, you move slow at first, but as strength grows, you move on!
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home