Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Arlington, TX

I just returned from Arlington, Texas on Sunday after teaching two seminars for Crossroads Church. I taught our Responsible Care seminar for clergy and helping professionals, and I also taught our Beyond Abuse seminar for those impacted by abuse. I went there after one of our retreat alumni encouraged the pastor to do so. Pastor Joe was very enthusiastic about the seminars once he attended. Sexual abuse is such a difficult topic and people are often wary of what exactly they will participate in. This is definitely not a ministry that draws huge crowds. Every event we put on is a gamble. We've had to learn not to gauge our "success" by numbers, but by what is accomplished.

While in Texas, one of our local team members and board members, Sandy, took me to Ft. Worth for dinner. She did her best to get me on a mechanical bull, but I am a wise woman. I left horses alone too!

My staff is busy preparing for our Beyond Abuse seminar that will be in Hot Springs, Arkansas this weekend. I'm going to be on statewide television Thursday morning to talk about Committed to Freedom and to promote the seminar. It's always an uphill battle to convince people that this is worth the risk of spending a day. In reality, it's a day that can change their lives.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home