Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Window

Did you ever wonder what my picture here is about? Well (it's been many years now), I went back and found the house where I was sexually abused by my grandfather when I was a child. It had been hit by a tornado and I was able to walk through it. This is a picture of me looking out of the bedroom window where I was abused. It's important for me to reflect on this at times. I'm not in that room anymore. I left it behind many years before I walked through that house. I left its hold on me, left the destruction, left the horrible legacy of my grandfather's abuse. I look at this photo and know that even as I stood there, looking out from that place, I was the one who owned my life now.
www.committedtofreedom.org

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger mynandini said...

When i saw your picture it makes a wonderful impression to me but when i read the previous story...behind the photography,I..I've nothing to say.but i must have to say,i've never seen a braver woman.take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home