Sunday, September 24, 2006

Autumn

The first day of autumn was hot, humid, and very windy - a disappointment to my expectations of cooler, dryer days. Tornados and flooding happened throughout the region, but this morning, the air is cool, dry, and the blue sky is brilliant. Sometimes, I think I can feel Earth groaning as it twists it's axis around the sun to bring about change and season. Our swirling sphere nods in a new direction to invite transition and balance. The air is washed, the trees are purged, the animals make adjustments, and we mere mortals continue to throw the order of God's natural laws into chaos through our neglect, pollution, and abuse of the resources that have been entrusted to us. To correct global warming, I must correct me - to conscientiously care for what I can and to make certain that I do not squander myself, other people, this planet, or the beautiful connection I have with Creator.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home