Thursday, September 07, 2006

Be Nice

It would be a beautiful world, or at least a more beautiful world, if people were nice to each other. It's amazing how much damage can be done to a person who is not treated well. I am a very protective person, especially when it comes to children and vulnerable people. I am almost shocked by the intensity of my response when someone mishandles a vulnerable person - big or little. I guess that comes from being mishandled when I was a child. My grandchild was bitten by another child in school this week. This is the first time that we know of when another child was mean to him and I found myself wanting to protect him from meanness and ugliness in life, but I know that's not possible. I think the challenge for all of us is not to become mean in response to meanness. Be nice is a good philosophy to live by. Christ was a big fan of being nice and explained that it was an effective weapon against evil. I think he knows what he's talking about. The world is made better by love. Be nice today.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home