Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lunar Peace


I had a pretty challenging day yesterday and by the time I left my office, it was too dark to walk on my favorite mountain trail, so I drove up there. As I headed up the winding road, the full moon kept peeking at me from behind trees and mountain tops. It was breathtaking. I pulled onto an overlook and there it hung. Huge, soft, bright, and inspiring. I drank it all in - the pink, purple sky that turned deep blue then black - the lunar landscape that seemed close enough to touch - the growing quiet on the mountainside as birds hurried home and squirrels settled down. Beneath it all was my beautiful little city, all dressed up for Christmas.
www.committedtofreedom.org

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift that moon. What an awesome assurance that the God that holds the moon and the stars up there in that big beautiful sky loves us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home