Thursday, September 28, 2006

Clowns

Our recent trip to NYC for the women's retreat brought many surprises. I am always surprised (maybe amazed is a better word) at the deep work that takes place as God's spirit gently moves. Being in NYC is synonymous with surprise just because of the shear numbers of people, traffic, and opportunities. But on our way home, we stopped for the night at a motel. My staff traveled with me on this trip, and as we were loading our car to leave in the morning, we saw the strangest thing. A clown! At first, we just saw large clown feet behind a red car. The clown was loading his suitcases too. We stared in disbelief as he rounded his car and there he was, in full clown regalia! There was no circus around. There were actually very few people staying there at that time. We shook our heads, smiling, and went to breakfast in the motel. Shortly after, the clown entered the breakfast room and seemed to make a bee line straight to us. What I haven't shared is that one of my staff is terrified by clowns, and my two year old grandson was also with us on the trip. Both my grandson and staff member were very nervous. This grown man, complete with wig, make up, clown clothes, and giant clown shoes pulled a balloon out of his pocket and made a balloon dog for my grandson. Then, he proceeded to toast his bagel, eat his breakfast, and drive away in his little red car. Life is beautiful!
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home