Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hawaiian Moment

I had my grandson in the car with me last night. Christmas music was playing on the radio. He loves music, so it's always fun to watch him nod his head up and down to the beat, or listen to him as he tries to sing along. As we pulled into our driveway, the Hawaiian Christmas song, Mele Kaliki Maka came on - the one with Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters. It's a definitely sing-a-long song! Anyway, I put the car in park, set the brake, and turned the radio up. We pretended to hula dance in the car and sang at the top of our lungs - right there in the driveway! There are times when you just have to throw caution to the wind and enjoy the moment. I hope when I'm dead and gone and my grandson is a man that he'll remember our Hawaiian moment in the driveway and choose to enjoy the moment he's in.
www.committedtofeedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home