Friday, December 15, 2006

Toddler Christmas Shopping

Well, it was worth a try! I took my toddler grandson Christmas shopping for his mama last night. He did pretty good until we got to the hanging bamboo curtains all lined up in rows with various designs - tropical scenes, flowers, religious themes, and patterns. It was sensory overload. Pretty much, our shopping was over at that point. He was lost in the moment and it was a beautiful thing to watch such pure joy from such a simple thing like walking through a row of bamboo curtains. We checked out and went to a nearby city park. The bushes and trees were covered in Christmas lights and there was a small waterfall. It was magic for him. So much magic that he had to call his grandfather to tell him the news. I see the world through new eyes when I'm with people who see it differently than I do.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home