Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reflections on Stress

I just finished a brief visit with my son. He is a university senior taking 19 hours this semester and working full time in a very intense job. He is also in the Guard so he has weekend drills every few weeks. We had very little time together, as I anticipated, because this is the first week of classes. I reflected back on my college days - working full time, going to school full time. It was incredibly stressful, lonely, and overwhelming at times. I'm not sure if this is a preparation for life, or just a set up to keep us living at this kind of full throttle pace that eventually consumes us. I believe in hard work, having goals, being focused, but I just wonder from time to time if this is really what God built us for. My energy was spent long ago. I'm looking for peace and serenity now, which I value as much as I do hard work. These are just my reflections on stress.
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home