Thursday, January 10, 2008

Seminar

The Responsible Care Training seminar went very well at All Saints Lutheran Church in Arlington, Texas this past weekend. About 55 clergy, church staff, and ministry leaders and volunteers attended the training. The church is beautiful and the people who organized this were very accommodating and organized.

The only glitch in the entire weekend was my travel. My husband says I have a "travel demon" and I sometimes wonder if he's not right! I live in Hot Springs, Arkansas and we have a small airport. Mesa Airlines flies from here (five minutes from my house) to DFW. It's a puddle jumper, but very convenient for me. If I flew from Little Rock, it's an hour drive, an hour wait, an hour flight, so this is a great alternative for me.

Anyway, Mesa is notoriously unreliable - so much so that I always arrive at the airport with a full tank of gas as a precaution. Well, once again, Mesa didn't fly due to mechanical problems and I had to drive to Dallas. It's about a 50/50 chance that this happens. Somebody needs to get their act together.

Other than that, the weekend was great, and I suppose I had lots of "me time" in the car for ten hours!
www.committedtofreedom.org

1 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Wow, what a mission! The world needs more folks like you to help people move beyond abuse and addiction.

We may have run into each other, especially since I also live in Hot Springs.

Perhaps we'll meet.

Rebecca McCormick,
Travel Journalist, Hot Springs Village Voice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home