Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Between Retreats

Our women's retreat was a time of deep healing, profound peace, and hope. After every retreat, I marvel at all that has happened. Despair and "no options left" turns into "I can do this!" It was hard to say good-bye to our new friends on Sunday afternoon. It was also a beautiful thing to know these women left empowered and with the right tools to move beyond their abuse.

We are now in between retreats and resting. Retreats always leave our team exhausted, but it is a good kind of fatigue, knowing we've been part of something truly beautiful. We're taking the next few days off. Yesterday, we went to the Bronx Zoo. I don't normally like zoos because I hate to see anything in captivity, but this was a wonderful zoo. I had the sense that the animals were watching us in cages, and after thinking about it, I'm not sure that is too far off. People seem to be more captive than many animals by our choices, life circumstances, and attitudes.

We will begin to prepare for our men's retreat on Thursday. My team arrives tomorrow night. My women's team left this morning. It has been an intense time, but we are so grateful to be part of this path!
www.committedtofreedom.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home